Bodyguards and Assassins", was the big winner at the 29th Hong Kong Film Awards held yesterday. The film produced by Peter Chan's Cinema Popular nabbed awards in 8 categories, including Best Picture, Best Director for Teddy Chan, Best Supporting Actor for Nicholas Tse and Best Action Choreography by Stephen Tung Wai and Lee Tat-Chiu.
The other big winner was the historical drama "Echoes of the Rainbow" directed by Alex Law. Law won for Best Screenplay for the film based on his own experience, and Simon Yam won Best Actor for his role as a father to the titular character of Big Ears. Newcomer Aarif Lee also won Best New Performer and Best Original Song for the title song of the film composed by Lowell Lo.
The other acting honours went to Wai Yung-hung for Best Actress in "At the End of Daybreak" and Michelle Ye for Best Supporting Actress in "Accident".
Monday, April 19, 2010
MX NewsBites Archive
- IP MAN 2 Opens This Week
- Hollywood Stars In Japan II
- Hollywood Stars In Japan
- Power Up with AC/DC Music for Iron Man 2!
- Iron Man Drinks Dr Pepper
- Mao's Last Dancer
- Bodyguards and Assassins grabs 8 Hong Kong Film Aw...
- Mo Tzu Yi in Forever
- A Mermaid is hired for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: O...
- Monga Opens This Week
- Takeshi Kaneshiro Drabbed In Emporio Armani Again
- TOY STORY/TOY STORY 2: 3D DOUBLE FEATURE
- Are you ready to... Kick Ass?
- Director Ivy Ho Crossing into Town
- AVATAR BLU-RAY DISC AND DVD 22nd April 2010
- Fire Of Conscience Opens This Week
- First Look at Stallone's upcoming The Expendables
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)