Friday, April 01, 2011
movie project - The Wedding Diary 《结婚那件事》. The Wedding Diary is a fun and witty parody that attempts to make a mockery of the entire wedding process in a light-hearted and comedic manner, from the chaotic wedding preparations involving more family members than one would wish to, to the topsy-turvy giddiness of the actual event, the faux pas of the wedding guests, and more!
The Wedding Diary is directed by Adrian Teh (郑建国) with screenplay by Rebecca Leow (洪汐), and brings together popular local and regional artistes, with Malaysian singer-actor Aniu (阿牛-陈庆祥) and Hong Kong’s up-and-coming singer-actress Elanne Kwong（江若琳）taking on the lead roles as the prospective couple. The supporting cast will be announced shortly.
The Wedding Diary tells the story of a couple, Wei Jie and Tina (played by Aniu and Elanne Kwong respectively), who decides to get married. Wei Jie is an engineer working in Singapore, who comes from a humble Hokkien Malaysian family, while his wife-to-be Tina, comes from a well-to-do Cantonese Singaporean family. What follows the happy decision to tie the knot is a series of problems involving both families - the disparity in perceived wealth and the countless differences between Singaporean and Malaysian, Hokkien and Cantonese cultures, such that preparations for the wedding almost comes to a standstill. In a show of sincerity and commitment to his demanding parents-in-law to be, Wei Jie agrees to hold an extravagant and lavish wedding banquet in Singapore. On the wedding day, Wei Jie discovers that most of the red packets he has planned to use to foot the bill have gone missing! Out of desperation, he heads to the nearby casino to try his luck and ends up losing more money. As he makes up one lie after another to cover up his problems, Tina starts to have suspicions about his fidelity and honesty. He quarrels with his father over the wedding arrangements and in a pique, his father leaves Singapore only to meet with a car accident on the way back to Penang. The happiest day in Wei Jie’s life is suddenly unfolding into what could be the most depressing… or is it?
The Wedding Diary will be filmed in Singapore and Penang, Malaysia. Production of the movie will commence end-April 2011, with its theatrical release slated for November 2011 in Singapore and Malaysia.
Reported by webmaster at 1:27 PM
MX NewsBites Archive
- Not Your Typical Disney's SLEEPING BEAUTY
- MONTE CARLO - 30 June 2011
- WATCH! First trailer for "HARRY POTTER AND THE DEA...
- 30 MINUTES OR LESS from the makers of Zombieland
- Cha Tae-Hyun Challenges Himself with 5 Different R...
- Conan O’Brien parodies THOR
- THE CHANGE-UP, a body-swapping comedy starring Rya...
- The Wedding Diary Lensing Ceremony
- The Eric Khoo Collection
- Captain Jack Sparrow as shot by Annie Leibowitz
- WHERE THE ROAD MEETS THE SUN wins big at the Houst...
- Cathay-Keris Films Doing Its Part for Disaster-str...
- COWBOYS & ALIENS Showing More Aliens
- Aaron Kwok back as THE DETECTIVE 2
- From Weta Digital - RISE OF THE APES
- Sandcastle DVD event at POP@Central, Sat Apr 16 2p...
- UMIZARU 3: THE TEST OF TRUE COURAGE
- CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE - 4 August 2011
- DOLPHIN TALE in 3D
- Does the cinematic world needs another JOHNNY ENGL...
- Red Dragonflies Flies To Filmgarde's Illuma Cinepl...
- WARRIOR is this year answer to The Fighter
- Aku Tak Bodoh aka I Not Stupid
- Shaolin 新少林寺 Arriving on Blu-ray/DVD 20th April 20...
- Donnie Yen is THE LOST BLADESMAN
- LET THE BULLETS FLY! -Our pick of the week at MX
- The new A CHINESE GHOST STORY makes us miss Leslie...
- Announcement Of New Movie Project - The Wedding Di...
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2010 (270)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)