Thursday, January 03, 2008

Come Valentine's Day, say "P.S. I Love You"

Atlantic Records has released the original motion picture soundtrack to the Warner Bros. Pictures/Alcon Entertainment romantic comedy/drama of “P.S. I LOVE YOU – MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE,” The album features tracks from a diverse range of top artists, including James Blunt, Paolo Nutini, and the one-and-only Pogues. P.S. I Love You, the film, is slated to open in theatres nationwide on 14 February.

“P.S. I LOVE YOU – MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE” is highlighted by “Same Mistake”, the second single from James Blunt’s acclaimed new Atlantic album, “ALL THE LOST SOULS.” “P.S. I LOVE YOU – MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE” also includes tracks from such acclaimed singer/songwriters as Nellie McKay, Chuck Prophet, and Lava/Atlantic’s own Toby Lightman, as well as from modern rock outfits like The Academy Is… and Atlantic recording group Needtobreathe.

In addition, “P.S. I LOVE YOU – MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE” features “Fortress” from Hope, the Los Angeles-based tunesmith whose upcoming Atlantic Records debut is certain to be among 2008’s most exciting releases. The soundtrack also includes an excerpt from the film’s score, composed by John Powell (The Bourne Ultimatum, Happy Feet).

Based on the best-selling novel by Cecelia Ahern, “P.S. I Love You” stars two-time Academy Award winner Hilary Swank (Million Dollar Baby) and Gerard Butler (300).

P.S. I Love You opens 14 February and the soundtrack album is reviewed here.

No comments:

MX NewsBites Archive