When Hainan Meets Teochew by director Han Yew Kwang has been selected to be the opening film of the Asian Queer Film Festival in 2011! It will also be the Japanese premiere for the film. Dates for the biennial film festival will be announced later. More information about the festival can be obtained from their website http://aqff.jp Information in English can be found here http://aqff.jp/2009/english.html.
Director Han Yew Kwang is elated by the selection, and hopes that the screening of the film in Japan will help to promote a stronger exchange of film culture between the two countries. He also hopes that the Japanese audience will enjoy the film as much as the audience in Singapore. During interviews, Han mentioned that the film was inspired by the two leads, Lee Chau Min and Tan Hong Chye. Their constant banters and bickering gave him so many ideas that his original plan to do a short film became a feature length project instead.
Those who missed When Hainan Meets Teochew previously will get another chance to watch it when it resumes screenings at The Arts House from 13 Jan 2011. The Mandarin and English local film is rated NC-16 for mature theme and some sexual reference. For ticketing information, please visit http://www.bytes.sg/ You can also find the latest updates on their Facebook page. Or visit the official website at: http://18gpictures.com/whmt
Monday, January 10, 2011
MX NewsBites Archive
- John Barry (1933 - 2011)
- MR AND MRS INCREDIBLE Teaser! (Hilarious!)
- Rapunzel arrives on DVD/Blu-ray 29th March 2011
- What Women Want MV
- THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT received four Oscar nominat...
- TRUE GRIT garnered 10 Academy Award Nominations!
- SHAOLIN opens islandwide today!
- Casting begins on Christopher Nolan's THE DARK KNI...
- You are Invited to the HOMECOMING of the New Year!...
- Reminisce with the ensemble local cast of IT'S A G...
- Seeing Stars!
- The Kids Are All Right wins Best Motion Picture (C...
- Scrat Changed The World
- MEET ANDY LAU IN PERSON!
- Take Your Pick This Week
- ʻWHEN HAINAN MEETS TEOCHEWʼ SELECTED TO OPEN AQFF ...
- Help Fund The Missing Ingredient!
- AMERICA’S FAVORITE LITTLE CHIHUAHUA’S ARE BACK
- Want to catch a free screening of LELIO POPO?
- Pete Postlethwaite (1946 – 2011)
- Asian Directors Talk - Derek Tsang & Jimmy Wan
- They are... Back!
- Catch the LITTLE FOCKERS this holiday season!
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2010 (270)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)