27 & 28 July, 24 & 25 August, 28 & 29 September, 13 October 2007
Stamford Garden, Free admission
Celebrate the romance and magic of cinema in the outdoors with Under The Banyan Tree – free monthly movie screenings at the National Museum of Singapore. Catch beloved timeless Hollywood classics and musicals with your family and friends in a cosy open-air setting. Come early with your picnic mats and enjoy a selection of snacks such as pop-corn, hotdogs and candy floss that will be on sale. You also stand a chance to win attractive prizes in our movie trivia contests.
Friday 27 July
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Dir: Blake Edwards
1961 / USA / 115 min / PG
A quintessentially romantic comedy that uses Audrey Hepburn's flighty charm and svelte beauty to dazzling effect, Breakfast at Tiffany’s is Edward Blake’s brilliant adaptation of Truman Capote’s novella of the same name.
Hepburn plays an enchanting urban sophisticate who is always decked out in beautiful designer dresses and lives off the gifts of her admirers. George Peppard is her upstairs neighbour, a struggling writer and ‘kept’ man financed by a steely older woman (Patricia Neal). Edwards' elegant yet light touch, George Axelrod's generous screenplay and Hepburn's mix of knowing experience and naiveté combine to create one of the greatest on-screen romances ever seen.
Saturday 28 July
Dir: Alfred Hitchcock
1960 / USA / 109 min / PG
Adapted from the novel by Robert Bloch, Hitchcock’s most famous movie Psycho is a shocker that still keeps people away from showers. Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) is a woman on the run who befriends the shy hotel clerk Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) when she stays at the Bates Motel. What is Norman's sinister secret? Will Lila Crane (Vera Miles) find her sister? And just where is Mrs Bates? After more than forty years since it was first released, Hitchcock’s dark masterpiece still remains the yardstick by which all other thrillers are measured.
For more information, please visit www.nationalmuseum.sg
Friday, July 13, 2007
Reported by blooter at 4:58 PM
MX NewsBites Archive
- ► 2010 (270)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- Can't get enough of SIMPSONS?
- Lion Dancing
- Call for Entries Open! Asian Festival of 1st Films...
- What Time Is It? - It's Time for High School Music...
- Glamour Opening for the Bangkok International Film...
- « 881» Filmmaker Royston Tan & Music Composer Eric...
- 4th Singapore Short Cuts
- ADVANCE TICKETS TO 'SECRET' BRING YOU CLOSER TO JA...
- La Vie En Rose - Best Actress race shaping up to b...
- ULTRAMAN MEBIUS & ULTRAMAN BROTHERS
- Prince Hour Preview Screening and Korean Kraze Luc...
- Under the Banyan Tree: Open Air Cinema (27 & 28 Ju...
- The Warlords - Shanghai Press Conference, 12 July ...
- Writer, director and co-producer of Gone Shopping ...
- Music from TRANSFORMERS
- The Drummer
- "Two Chicks Swop Homes"
- The Metropolitan Opera Comes to Singapore from Aug...
- Jay Chou's SECRET tour to Singapore
- Something Magic for the Mid-Week
- JJ Abram's secret project
- Alone for ‘Blog Aloud @ Cinema Europa’ with an ear...
- ▼ July (22)