The Chinese film SPRING FEVER by Director Lou Ye won the Cannes Festival's Award for Best Screenplay on Sunday, 24th May. Awarded at the 62nd Cannes Film Festival, and chosen by a jury headed by French Actress Isabelle Huppert, Director Lou Ye (who also helmed the critically acclaimed Summer Palace in 2007) accepted the prize on behalf of his writer, Feng Mei. Lou shot the sultry movie in secret over two months and told AFP at the film festival that he hoped "to be the last Chinese director ever to be banned, that no one else suffers this." "My films cannot be viewed in China," he told AFP. "My producers are trying to have the ban lifted because it is senseless." Filmed in Nanjing city, the film was one of 20 movies in the running for the Palme d'Or. Lou used a hand-held camera to film actors whose characters become involved in a love triangle. SPRING FEVER is slated for release in the 3rd quarter of 2009.
MX NewsBites Archive
- ► 2010 (270)
- The Wedding Game - Opening Film Of World Comedy Fi...
- Murderer Trailer
- Gianna Jun's Blood: The Last Vampire Singapore Pre...
- Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
- HOME PREMIERES IN SINGAPORE ON WORLD ENVIRONMENT D...
- SPRING FEVER WINS BEST SCREENPLAY AT CANNES
- Night At The Museum 2 Gala@Vivo and National Museu...
- 20th Century Boys 2: The Last Hope
- First! Blood
- THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON Teaser Poster
- MONSTERS VERSUS ALIENS 3D Premiere
- Cathay Donates Digital Master Copies of Malay and ...
- Wedding of the Year
- Night At The Museum 2 Featurette - Big Adventure C...
- BLOOD: THE LAST VAMPIRE Press Tour
- GV Movie Club presents NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 Tour ...
- Bumblebee In Cannes
- LOVE LOST "失去愛"
- No UP in June
- MTV Movie Awards Nominees Announced!
- Happy Mother's Day!
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)