Tuesday, March 29, 2011
IMAX’s proprietary high-gain screen results in exceptionally bright images and unparalleled 3D effect. The IMAX screen is slightly curved and sits closer to the audience, creating a larger effective screen, which is equivalent to a 20% to 230% increased in screen area. It was a delicate process to install the 170kg 3-storey high IMAX screen as it cannot be bent, to avoid any kink or scratch, so that a complete The IMAX Experience can be realised.
The screen was hoisted through an opening made in the curved facade of the Shaw House earlier in the week. It was packed in a 10m long crate, weighing a total of 454kg, and hoisted up 5 storeys to Shaw Theatres Lido. When installed, the 19m (width) by 9.5m (height) screen effectively fills from floor to ceiling and wall to wall.
The installation of the entire IMAX hall will take at least another 11 days. This will be followed by a series of tuning and testing. Closed for renovation since October 2010, the new Shaw Theatres Lido will feature 10 regular cinema halls and Singapore’s first IMAX hall to feature digital technology. It is slated for opening in mid-May 2011.
Reported by webmaster at 6:29 PM
MX NewsBites Archive
- We Can't Wait To Tell The World...
- MIDNIGHT IN PARIS with Owen, Rachel and Woody
- Shaw Theatres brings a 3-storey high IMAX screen
- Li Nanxing Minus Zoe Tay = THE ULTIMATE WINNER
- Percy Jackson Turns Warrior in THE THREE MUSKETEER...
- Ace Ventura? Nope it's MR POPPERS PENGUINS
- Now Mr Stark...The Full CAPTAIN AMERICA Trailer
- Alliance Entertainment New Release - LIFE’S A PIC-...
- Scorpio East New Releases!
- Catch THE WAY BACK if you haven't
- Catch the First Screening of The Lincoln Lawyer
- Seth Rogen talks about Singapore on Conan O'Brien ...
- JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS KATNISS EVERDEEN in "THE HUNG...
- Sandcastle DVD launch - March 19 & 20
- Lightning McQueen is back!
- THE BUTCHER, THE CHEF AND THE SWORDSMEN premiere i...
- ORANGE BLOOMing
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
- PREPARE FOR THE FINAL BATTLE! HARRY POTTER AND THE...
- Your Gateway to the Magical Lands and High-Seas Ad...
- Director Wee Li Lin Breaks Her Own Box Office Reco...
- Cars 2 Short: Hawaiian Vacation
- Anyone Seen Takuya Kimura?
- WING SHYA AND TONY CHAN’S "LOVE IN SPACE" TO BEGIN...
- PUSS IN BOOTS Teaser
- KUNG FU PANDA 2 Full Trailer
- Now Showing: FOREVER
- WORLD DEBUT OF WHERE THE ROAD MEETS THE SUN
- The Black Swan dons Miss Dior Cherie Perfume
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2010 (270)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)