Fox International scored a one-two punch at the weekend as Borat and The Devil Wears Prada ruled the roost.
Borat crushed the competition as it grossed an estimated $17.7m from 993 screens in 17 markets, powered by a stunning $11.5m number one debut in the UK.
The comedy, which dominated the North American charts this weekend, opened top in another five territories.
It took $668,000 from 39 in Sweden, $649,000 from 54 in Holland, $393,000 from 24 in German-speaking Switzerland, and also opened top in Denmark and Finland.
Borat opened in second place in Germany on $2.6m on 234 screens behind local hit Seven Dwarfs 2.
The Devil Wears Prada enjoyed another strong weekend as it swept past $150m. The comedy added $11m from 6,600 screens for $151.2m.
In its fourth weekend Prada added $2.3m in Germany for $17.5m and $1.4m for $14.9m in Italy. It added $1.3m in its third weekend in South Korea for first place and $5.2m, and stands at $1.9m in Belgium after two.
The Russell Crowe drama A Good Year opened in second place in Spain on $1.3m on 300 screens and grossed $1.5m overall for an early $2.7m international running total.
News from 20th Century Fox
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Reported by webmaster at 2:41 PM
MX NewsBites Archive
- ► 2010 (270)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)
- Ayumi Hamasaki to pen the lyrics and sang the them...
- MDA, FORTUNE START, INNOFORM MEDIA AND BOKU FILMS ...
- After This Our Exile ~ Press Release about Gala Pr...
- and the Winners of The 43rd Golden Horse Award are...
- Just Follow Law - Website and Trailer
- VIVOCITY GRAND OPENING + HAPPY FEET GALA
- A Battle Of Wits ~ HK Gala Premiere on 20 Nov
- Confession Of Pain ~ Latest Press Release from Hon...
- THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD II
- THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD
- Eng Wah is SPBA Heritage Brand Award 2006 winner. ...
- “CONFESSION OF PAIN”OFFICIAL POSTER REVEALED
- GHOSTLY DISPLAY SPOOKED MOVIE-GOERS
- TVB 39th Anniversary Awards 2006 – Award Winners
- THEIR HAPPY FEET ARE MARCHING BACK!
- Kelvin Tong's Men In White Talent Search Announced...
- Latest from Confession of Pain
- THE NATIVITY STORY Premiere at The Vatican
- UNDRESSED TO THRILL – Daniel Craig’s THE MOTHER Re...
- Tim Burton’s holiday classic, “The Nightmare Befor...
- "Borat" vanquishes rivals in box office stunner
- Just Follow Law strikes regional distribution deal...
- Latest stills from BATTLE OF WITS
- Experience New Digital 3D at GV VivoCity when you ...
- New & Exclusive "300" wallpapers!
- ▼ November (25)