Sunday, September 26, 2010
La Comedie Humaine is about a Mainland Chinese hitman who ends up in Hong Kong with a film screenwriter. It is convenient to pass this movie off as one of the many disposable Hong Kong comedies, but trust us, if you are a fan of Chinese movies, then you will lap this up. It’s usually bad news when a sequel returns without its lead star, and even more so, if the lead star is one comedian called Stephen Chow. Mainland actor Huang Xiaoming took over Chow’s role as Tang Bo-hu in Flirting Scholar 2 and the result is simply painful. From Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant comes a hilarious and heartwarming new comedy about three friends who dream of breaking free from the mundane world of Cemetery Junction. With poignant and real life issues presenting itself in a fine script like that, it’s hard not to recommend this to today’s skeptical audiences.
Reported by webmaster at 12:23 PM
MX NewsBites Archive
- The Korean Remake of John Woo's A Better Tomorrow
- THE BURIED EXPERIENCE
- Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen bags S...
- ToY StOrY 3 Out On 19 October 2010!
- All I Want For Christmas 2010 - TOY STORY TRILOGY ...
- Taipei Exchanges 第36个故事 Out On DVD
- First Look at THE FIGHTER
- Iconic Shaw Lido Cineplex to close for renovation
- Acclaimed Filmmaker John Woo & Actress Michelle Ye...
- After Shock 唐山大地震 Out On DVD/Blu-Ray 16 September ...
- RAINIE YANG HAS "THE CHILD'S EYE"
- NEW! Clint Eastwood's Hereafter
- His Face Sells...
- Haunted Changi tops local box office on the first ...
- Back to the Future-style Nike sneakers
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (397)
- ► 2007 (242)